We are pleased to share with you the attached message from the president and first lady encouraging promising Americans to apply to the White House Fellows Program!
What Is the White House Fellows Program?
More than 50 years ago, President Lyndon B. Johnson established the President’s Commission on White House Fellowships, and over the course of nine presidential administrations, the nonpartisan program has become one of the nation’s premier fellowships for leadership and public service. The program’s mission is to give fellows firsthand experience in public service at the highest levels of the federal government. The program consists of a full-time work placement, robust education program designed to provide a behind-the-scenes look into the inner workings of government, and intensive leadership development training.
Apply to Be a Fellow
The 2017–2018 White House Fellows application will be open until January 11, 2017. We encourage you to consider applying and to share information about the program with your networks.
Recruit the Next Fellows
Each fall, we are honored to welcome a new class of White House Fellows and accelerate our efforts to recruit applicants for the next class. We invite you and/or your organization to join in our efforts and know your support will allow us to reach remarkable leaders all over the country.
Here are five easy ways you can help recruit fellows:
- Engage One-on-One. Identify exceptional individuals who could become White House Fellows and encourage them to apply.
- Send an Email. Please share information about the White House Fellows Program to your professional and social networks.
- Use Social Media. Post messages promoting the program to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. using #WHFellows #BecomeaWHF
- Sponsor an Event. Consider hosting an informational session, panel, or reception to present the program. To the extent possible, White House Fellows Program staff will lend support and provide background materials.
- Leverage Earned Media. As a thought leader in your community, we invite you to submit op-eds, contribute to news stories, and/or author blog posts to share your experiences with the White House Fellows Program.
Thank you for your help, and please let us know if you have questions. We know your support will allow the White House Fellows Program to stay strong for another 50 years!