The ASA Section on Statistics and the Environment (ENVR) is seeking nominations for their Young Investigator Award. This award is meant to encourage and recognize younger members of the environmental statistics community and is given to a member in recognition of outstanding contributions to the development of methods, issues, concepts, applications, and initiatives of environmental statistics. Successful nominees will receive their award at the ENVR business meeting and reception during the 2012 Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM) in San Diego, California.
The following are the criteria for the award:
- Has made distinguished contributions to environmental statistics
- Is a current member of ENVR
- Is not a previous recipient of the Young Investigator Award
- Has not reached her/his 41st birthday during the calendar year of the award. (In the special case of an individual who has received his or her terminal degree in statistics fewer than 12 years prior to the nomination deadline, a nominee will be eligible who has not yet reached her/his 46th birthday during the calendar year of the award.)
The following materials must be submitted for nomination:
- A nomination letter featuring the nominee’s contributions to environmental statistics
- A brief CV for the nominee, not exceeding five pages
- At least one (1) and up to three (3) external letters of support
- The birth date of the nominee; the committee will use the “Jonathanian” method of calculating the age of the nominee
The deadline for receiving nominations is March 30. Submit nominations electronically as a PDF document (preferred) or a Word file. If submitting a nomination as hard copy, send the original and five copies.
For questions or to submit a nomination, email Walter W. Piegorsch at email@example.com or address mail to Walter Piegorsch, Program in Statistics, Keating 241, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721.